Friday, January 21, 2011

ARC Review First and Last by Stacey Kennedy

Title:First and Last (The Magical Sword, #4)
Author: Stacey Kennedy
Source:Requested review
Genre: Urban Fantasy/Paranormal romance
Format: eBook
Release date January 24th 2011
Authors website



One woman, one bond, one final battle … can even Nexi Jones defeat the deepest darkness of evil?

Meet Nexi Jones—Witch, Guardian and now, Lady of the Underworld. Embracing her new role, Nexi begins the task of changing a world led by darkness. But not everyone is happy to see her rise to power. Before long, a resistance within the Underworld is forming.

As the darkness begins to close in around her, Nexi’s magical abilities flourish in response—forcing Nexi to dig down deeper into her past to discover this source and why she was gifted with such incredible strength.

With her Guardian, Kyden by her side, Nexi will meet her greatest challenge yet as she begins to discover that fate might have been a bitch, but she was a bitch with a plan.

My Review:
Rating-
Sexual-
Cover-
 I think it suits the series and I love the blue.

In the First and Last Nexi finds herself a new title and as the leader of the underworld, as she is struggling with learning about and leading the underworld she finds she has new powers along with new enemies, so you know things are going to heat up in battle. This is a good ending for this series and I must say I am very sad to see it go, so I am hope Stacey will come up with something, so we can read about this couple from time to time. If you’re a regular The Magical Sword reader don't miss this book. Stacey did an excellent job with this whole series.

I loved the plot and the new underworld characters. I simply loved how Nexi and Kyden spent their honeymoon night OMG, it was hot. I enjoyed the fight Nexi has with the Devil and what came after that. Nexi accomplishes a lot for her underworld people. As far as Nexi’s cat Willow goes, there is a time that she is * clears throat* well how do I say it, the poor cat is totally in a compromising position, it was really bad, so bad, as I was reading I was laughing so hard I was crying.

The downside for me was at times Nexi can be silly and there was a few times in this installment I found it a little over the top. I also know there will be a lot of you that will really enjoy it. Especially when you read about Nexi going around naked. O.K. I am done, if you want to know more you’ll just have to start or finish this series to see what kind of trouble Nexi can get into. 


No comments:

Post a Comment