Thursday, January 27, 2011

Review Owning Arabella by Shirl Anders

Title: Owning Arabella
Author: Shirl Anders
Source: Bought
Genre: Erotic Romance
Format: eBook
Length: Novel


This story, Owning Arabella is previously published in the ebook Allure Gold Two Erotic Novels. Erotic romance regency, m/f. The ownership of Arabella is gambled by her terrible stepfather in a card game and won by the fiercely scarred Lord Darth Peregrine. A man who believes that no woman could desire him, except perhaps a woman that he now owns, who fate decrees that he possess completely and his own dark urgings cannot deny. This is a story of carnal expressions and Gothic Regency undertones as Lord Peregrine holds Arabella captive to his sexual desires. He is the lord and master, she is naked to his control. In the end Lord Peregrine saves Arabella's young brother ... and he saves himself. HEA



RATING:
SEXUAL:

Dee's Thoughts:
Darth is a scarred Earl who has lived the last 10 years of his life without a woman. Fear of rejection has kept him for seeking a woman to share his bed. When he has the opportunity to “own” a woman during a final poker bet, he is shocked that the idea of owning Arabella is exactly what he wants. Darth decides he will use all of his erotic powers to make Arabella crave him and no other making her forever his.

Arabella and her brother were left in the care of their step-father after their mothers death. Crom is a cruel man and threatens to kill Nicholas if Arabella does not agree to be part of the ante. After laying eyes on Darth, Arabella is frightened of the pull she feels toward him, because she is afraid the dark, sexy Darth may own her in more ways than one.

This is started out a little on the dark side and I was shocked that I really liked it. The plot takes off near the middle of the novel and is quite good

Favorite Quotes:

“I cannot abide stubbornness from my property, Arabella. Tell me at once or I will be forced to punish you!”

Oh, he punished her reeeeaaalll good! Sign me up for some of that punishment!

“And no, no clothes….You will not cover yourself to me unless I wish it.” he stated firmly. “You cannot keep me unclothed!” “I can Arabella, and I will. You are mine now and you will do everything I say.”

I am one sick puppy, because I find his “ownership” dang sexy!







No comments:

Post a Comment