Sunday, November 28, 2010

Mad Mad Modes for Moderns Mondays - Keepin' Warm and Groovy in Knits!

Knits were very popular in the '60s and '70s, as evidenced by this edition of "Mad Mad Modes for Moderns" from Girls' Romances #130 (January 1968) by Jay Scott Pike and this later fashion spread from Seventeen magazine from February 1970. As a knitter myself (not a very good one mind you), I would love to find the time and know-how to recreate one of Pike's illustrations!

Well friends -- big changes are on the horizon for this lady blogger, so this may be the last post for a little while. My boyfriend, Justin has been hired by LEGO® and he will be moving to Denmark this winter! Once I find a job over there, I will join him, but that could take up to a year. Tomorrow I will be moving up to Michigan to live with family while I work towards immigrating to one of the happiest countries in the world! Hooray!

I am pretty sure I would sell my soul
for the dress with the green top and the
multi-color zig-zag bottom!!!

During this transition, I will probably be offline for a week or so. Hopefully it won't be too much longer than that, because I know I will be itchin' to get back to writing about romance comics! I have lots of great posts coming up for this winter, so please check back!

Have a great beginning of December!
See you soon!!!

No comments:

Post a Comment