Friday, November 12, 2010

Review Hunger Aroused by Dee Carney

Hunger Aroused
Author Dee Carney
Erotic paranormal romance- Vampire
Ebook Novel
Netgalley

Jasmine is sick in bed when a sexy stranger breaks in and reveals she’s suffering an irreversible case of vampirism. And because her turning wasn’t approved by the Council, he must kill her once the transition is complete. In the meantime, the executioner offers to ease her torment with chocolate, hot peppers or sexual release. Fortunately for them both, Jasmine’s kitchen is bare...
Corin’s honor demands he do his duty, but he cannot execute the lovely woman while any part of her humanity remains. He must also find and kill her sire. Jasmine denies ever having contact with a vampire, causing Corin to question the justice of his orders. Sensing his hesitation, the Council dispatches another executioner, forcing the pair to make a run for it.

My Review
Rating-
Sexual-


I found this a good erotic read and I did enjoy it. It has a lot of emotions and action. I really enjoyed the storyline and the way the author takes these two though their predicament. I try my best not to give spoilers in my reviews, but I need to worn you this one will have them, so if you don’t want SPOLIERS please stop reading. Sorry it’s the only way I can explain the 3 stars

I loved the heroine Jasmine she is very strong and willing to do anything, but let this vampire execute her. She knows she was not turned by a vampire because she hasn’t even had sex a long while so she knows no one has taken blood or added blood to her. One day after she ends up very sick and leaves work then at home she becomes very horny, so horny she will let a stranger ease her. Then she finds out he is sent to kill her when she is fully turned vampire, needless to say this wasn’t her day or week.

Now what I didn’t really like was the hero Corin. I cant really pin point it yet, I think it was because he just doesn’t really try to love Jasmine. I will say he has went through a lot in his past and maybe that has to do with it. I just didn’t feel like he was the right hero for Jasmine. Now for big spoiler. He has a gay mate already even though they arent still together (you have to read to find out why.)This is one reason I rated it 3 instead of 4 stars. I like to know before I get into a book where there is mention and or any m/m in it. No it doesn’t go into the whole sex part scene, but it does quite a bit. You see Corin was raped and made to be with this male mate and he still is when he mates with Jasmine I just couldn’t rap my mind around this and didn’t like it. I know some of you will. Needless to say this is not a happy story its very emotional. 




No comments:

Post a Comment