Friday, March 26, 2010

Interview with Lorie O'Clare for Strong, Sleek and Sinful



We are very excited to bring you an interview from award winning author Lorie O'Clare for her new release of Strong, Sleek and Sinful due out March 30th. Please check out her website link at the end of the post, Lorie has written quite a few books in different genre, you may find just the book you have been looking for.

Now lets get started!



Laurie
Who is Lorie O'Clare? Please, give us a low down about yourself.

Lorie O'Clare
Who am I? Well, I'm a 44 year old mother of three intelligent, handsome, wonderful, obnoxious teenage boys. There are days when I can't wait for all of them to move out, and other days when I dread that day because they'll be gone. I'm a published author with somewhere around 60 books released. I write for Ellora's Cave, St Martins and Kensington. I love to paint in my downtime. You can see some of my artwork on my website. I love roses and dream of beautiful flower gardens surrounding my home someday, with the perfumed scent of so many different colored flowers fragrancing the air and offering beauty no matter what window I look out of. I try putting a few more bulbs in the ground every year. I'm a clean freak and have an odd habit (although it seems like a good trait to me) of cleaning to get the circulation going after sitting and writing at the computer for a while, or cleaning once a chapter is finished to help develop and prepare the next part of the story in my head before writing it. I absolutely adore each and everyone of my heroes and heroines from all of my books and spend time with them often in my imagination, so sometimes I clean and daydream, or rock on my porch swing and fantasize about being in the different worlds I've created. Overall, I'd say I'm a pretty normal lady.


Laurie
How would you describe Strong Sleek and Sinful for those of us who have never heard of it?

Lorie O'Clare
Strong, Sleek and Sinful is the third book in the FBI Sex Crimes Series. Each book can stand alone and although the hero or heroine can be found as a minor character in the previous book, otherwise the books are not connected. Strong, Sleek and Sinful is a very steamy, sensual romantic suspense. My publisher hasn't labeled it as erotic romance but as mass market steamy romance. I'll let you in on a little secret though, I wrote the book the same way I'd write a book for Ellora's Cave. Strong, Sleek and Sinful is a story about a local cop, Lt. Perry Flynn, who isn't married, but has four nieces who he actively helps his widowed sister raise. When someone starts impersonating a high school boy on the Internet and kidnaps, rapes and murders high school girls, Perry takes the crimes very personally. He'll kill to protect his nieces. An FBI agent, Special Agent Kylie Donovan, comes to town to impersonate a teenage girl and take the perp down. The catch, it's believed the perp might be a cop. So although our heroine and hero are making things more than a bit steamy, our heroine is working double time to show her boss that Mr. Sexy cop isn't their perp. This book is as suspenseful as it is erotic. It's the kind of book I would love to read and so obviously why I wrote it. I hope others find it as exciting and stimulating as I did.

Laurie
Can you give us a peak at Strong, sleek and sinful main characters?

Lorie O'Clare
I partially answered this in the previous question, but our hero Perry Flynn is married to his job. He's a damn good cop, one of the best detectives in Mission, KS, a town just outside Kansas City. Perry is tall, well built, and when in uniform, could cause traffic accidents. I drooled enough while writing this book I almost had to buy a new keyboard. :-) The city keeps it quiet when they discover a cop would be the logical suspect to their Internet predator, but it's hard to keep something from Perry. He won't be intimidated by the Chief, or anyone else. The worse of all crimes is being committed in his town and if he finds the bastard first, he'll kill him.
Kylie Donovan lost her older sister when they were in their early teens. Her sister had been popular, pretty, and loved by everyone--everything Kylie wasn't. When she's abducted while walking home and found raped and murdered a few days later, Kylie's childhood ends. The man who hurt and killed her sister was never found, but today, no perp goes unpunished if Kylie is on the case.
She and Perry lock horns the second they meet, but sparring with a gorgeous man often does one thing to a beautiful woman. Kylie tries resisting Perry's charm, knowing when he learns she is undercover, he'll hate her for not telling him, but his sexual magnatism is too strong. They will either work the case together, or take each other down trying to catch their perp first.

Stacey
Have you ever used someone you know as an idea for one of your characters?

Lorie O'Clare
Not really. But I've used traits that have appealed to me in someone, or certain facial expressions, or sayings, but I've never used all traits from one individual to create a character. Mostly all of my people come straight out of my imagination.


Stacey
Any chance we can look forward to seeing any of our favorite characters again in Strong, Sleek and Sinful?

Lorie O'Clare
Perry Flynn is mentioned briefly at the end of Long, Lean and Lethal. Kylie is only in Strong, Sleek and Sinful. The FBI Sex Crimes Books all pretty much stand alone. Now my next series with St. Martins won't be stand alone books, they will each grow from the previous book, although as with all my series, any book in the series could be read on its own and enjoyed.
I absolutely love your books written for Ellora's Cave. Can we expect the same intense romance from your Sex Crime Series or are we going to see more action?
I write exactly the same with all of my publishers. There is the same amount of action, sensuality and sex scenes in all of my books, regardless of who publishes them. I want someone to see a Lorie O'Clare book and know they'll be getting a strong plot with all the satisfying sex everyone loves.


Stacey
Can you give us any hints to what you are working on next? Do you plan on continuing the Sex Crime Series indefinitely?

Lorie O'Clare
My next series with St. Martins will be a Bounty Hunter Series. The first Bounty Hunter book, Play Dirty, comes out October 2010.
My next series with Ellora's Cave is the Black Jag series, which will be a series of at least five books about black jaguars. As with all of my shapeshifter books, the jaguars are in the same world with the owls, lunewulf, Cariboo and leopards. You never know what old characters might pop in to say hi.
I've also agreed to write two more island books for Kensington. You'll probably see them released sometime next year.


Stacey
Since you have written both Paranormal and Non-Paranormal, do you prefer one genre over the other to write about? Do you think writing paranormal stories offers more freedom for creativity?

Lorie O'Clare
Writing Paranormals definitely gives me freedom to explore that I don't have in Romantic Suspense. But when I write my para's, the shifter is limited to the ability of whatever animal they shift into. I spend a lot of time learning about that animal, or raptor, before writing the books. So not only do I know my character in his or her human form, but also know them just as well in their animal form. Every animal has traits that make them unique, those can't be made up. At least not for me. If an owl can see a mouse run through the grass two miles away, then my shifter can watch his female sneak out of her house from a two mile distance.
So there are always limitations. A wolf doesn't run as fast as a leopard. That's just a fact. I don't create animals that don't exist, at least I haven't yet. And it's the same way with my romantic suspenses. There isn't such a thing as a perfect human. Most of us are actually pretty flawed. My characters are that way, too. We aren't all good and we aren't all bad, but often a mix of both. That is how I mold my characters, with their faults often as obvious as their qualities.

Laurie
Please,tell us about your project HEA.

Lorie O'Clare
HEA is a brand new fund raiser I've decided to get started to see if I could help those who might lose their homes. Foreclosure is such a dirty, terrifying word to most of us. We don't like talking about it, thinking about it, and God forbid, if any of us are going through it, we sure don't want anyone else knowing. It is the most terrifying thing many of us can think about. The thought of losing our home, a place where many of us have raised our children, have pictures on the wall that have been there for years, and attics or basements full of furniture and other items we don't use anymore but save for if our kids might need them someday. Our houses are the foundation, the structure, of our families and as much a part of us as a family member.
You can check out HEA on my website at http://www.lorieoclare.com/keep-the-hea-in-our-lives/ HEA is a work in progress. I want to help those who might lose their homes, possibly those who are already a payment or two behind and are close to foreclosure, or maybe those who have already been foreclosed on and don't know what to do now. I want HEA to be a site where people can anonymously, or not anonymously, share their stories. I want it to be a site where those going through foreclosure to be able to turn and not be harrassed by scams of those trying to make money off of you when you don't have money, and to share stories with those who understand. HEA is a fund raiser. There are items on the HEA site that you can buy. You can donate items to HEA to be sold. Or you can donate cash to HEA. Like I said, HEA is a work in progress. It is a dream of mine to reach out and help and I'm starting it now. I'm always open to ideas and suggestions from anyone who might know a way to reach more people, help more people, or offer more support.
Thanks for the interview. I enjoyed answering your questions. Please check out my website at www.lorieoclare.com. You'll find a link there to ebay where I list most of my paperbacks. You can buy my latest releases or pick up one of my older books not so easily found in bookstores anymore. All books are brand new and personally autographed to you.
Also on my website, click on any cover and read the first chapter of any of my released

Lorie O'Clare website



Lorie, thank you so much for giving us the privilege to interview you:)
Just as soon as I get my Stong, Sleek and Sinful in hand, I will read and review it, so be on the look out in the next few days:)

check out Strong, Sleek and Sinful


No comments:

Post a Comment