Wednesday, March 10, 2010

Review: Chick with a Charm by Vicki Lewis Thompson


Chick with a Charm (book two in Babes-on-Brooms)
Author- Vicki Lewis Thompson
Paranormal romance- Witch
Mass paperback pgs. 336
Authors website

Book description:
Lily Revere is free-spirited and fun-loving-two dangerous qualities in a witch. Lily needs a date for her sister Anica's engagement party, and she's determined to bring hot Griffin Taylor. But the jaded divorce lawyer claims his job has warned him off romance. Slipping a love elixir into Griffin's drink may not be the noble thing to do-but it sure works! There's just one problem: Are Griffin's feelings the result of some truly good witchcraft-or could he really be in love?
***************************************************************
Laurie's review
rating 4/5
Sexual- very hot! for an non-erotic

I found this to be a good easy read. I liked the potion (elixir) ideal not real original ideal to write about, but it worked for this book and couple. If you read the first book in this series you found Lily was having a hard time getting Griffin to notice her, so she ends up putting a potion in this drink to see if she can win him. I really liked the emotions in this book it was a roller costar ride, especially when she gives her dog to Griffin. I also liked how Griffin found out Lily was a witch.

With Lily giving the potion to Griffin in the first part of the book it made for quite a bit of sex, because that’s all Griffin could really think about. It was good sex but quite a bit of it. I didn’t understand why there was a cat on front of the book Lily has a dog, I know that not real important, I guess I may be picky. There is some interesting people left, hope I will see more of them in coming books

No comments:

Post a Comment