Friday, March 19, 2010

Review The Vampire Shrink by Linda Hilburn


The Vampire Shrink (book one of Kismet Knight)
Author: Linda Hilburn
Paranormal- Vampire
Paranormal Trade 391pgs
website

Book Description:
Kismet Knight, PhD, doesn't believe in the paranormal. She especially doesn't believe in vampires, but she begins to wise up when she is introduced to a handsome man named Devereux who claims to be 800 years old. Kismet doesn't buy his vampire story, but she also can't explain why she has such odd reactions and feelings when he is near. Then a client almost completely drained of blood staggers into her waiting room and two angry men force their way into her office, causing her to consider the possibility that she has run afoul of a vampire underworld. Enter FBI profiler Alan Stevens, who warns her that vampires are very real, and one is a murderer—a murderer who is after her.



Laurie's review
rating

Sexual




I love this book. it’s a mix between PNR and UF, so you get a little of both worlds. There is no HEA in this one. If you like a book where a woman is torn between two loves and you like to read about vampires fighting with fangs out and blood everywhere, teleporting in on you when your not expecting it, abilities to telepathy, an air of danger around them.

Kismet is a PH.D , A vampire shrink, to those who believe to be vampires, but are they really? Kismet thinks not. So one of her clients tells her that Dev (Devereux) the leader of the vampires wants to met with her after hours, of course, Kismet agrees. Well little did she know what she was getting herself in to. As soon as she sees him she has feelings for him of lust etc, but what she dosen’t know is Dev has known her for way over hundreds years. Dev will take all the action necessary to keep Kismet, so be prepared he is sneaky.

Devereux is a vampire I like to read about. he is kind, but he has the ability’s as in top paragraph plus some and is not afraid to use them to get what he wants. Plus he is top vampire, so he has a bad guy side, its yummy!

The downside to this book is Kismet is very stubborn and at times it really got on my nerves.

***Spoiler***
Here is a chopped up passage form the book, its my favorite.
Imaging if you would, you meet a dangerous vampire and you go to his club he takes you to look around where he stays, you see his is an excellent painter, he has one of his mother you can see they resemble quite a bit, then he starts telling you about his life before he became vampire, he tells you he was schooled in magic and art, that his family comes for a line of wizards and witches and he has talents and he became a seer. Then he goes to a cabinet and opens it and pulls our a canvas of a painting of you. And you say “ when did you have time to paint this?” then you notice something in the painting, your wearing the same items at that moment and he has never seen them. Then he tells you, “this woman in the portrait haunted me, she filled my dreams for years until I would surely go mad and she spoke in to my mind a repeated word” “Kismet” So I thought this painting was my fate, my destiny I have waited patiently for her to find me, after years I put the painting away. And its been locked away until now. And all you can say is “Are you saying this painting is not recent?” “when was it painted?” then the vampire says, “Over 800 years ago!”

Now this is what happened between Kismet and Dev. if you liked that, then you have to try the book.
I read both of these books last year, I'm going back and picking my fave's and doing reviews on them. I will get to the second book, but I have so many to read I wanted to get this one in. I wanted tell you the second did not disappoint its just as good. Linda Hilburn is brilliant!
1.The Vampire Shrink
2.Dark Harvest

This book receives Top Bite award



No comments:

Post a Comment