Thursday, March 11, 2010

Beta Club--My Turn on the Chopping Blog!


Sorry for the horrible joke, but I start thinking in puns when I get nervous. ;)

Roni's Beta Club is back this Thursday with my own excerpt from STRINGS. I'm excited to see what she thinks, but as always, the more the merrier, lol!

This is the novel whose MC I referenced in yesterday's post, Mara. She can be hard to like, and that's putting it mildly. I'm hoping readers will see her more like a train wreck or some other accident they're unable to look away from. ;) Roni was sweet enough to dig up the above photo of a vardo like the one Mara lives in, which I hope will help clear up some initial confusion as to setting. She's awesome.

Roni's Beta Club has introduced me to a number of bloggers I'd never seen around before, and--of course--also introduced me to their characters. It's been really fun so far, reading the work of others and thinking critically about it in a way that makes me think about my own work, so I hope others are enjoying it as much as I am.

Julie Dao tagged me earlier this week with a meme, so stay tuned for that tomorrow!

No comments:

Post a Comment