Wednesday, March 10, 2010

A Child Dreams of Authorship

Mrs. Palacio is 5th grade teacher in California; she is also my sister. She asked me to come to her school and talk to her students about writing a book. Surprisingly, many of her kids desire to be authors; some are already really good writers!

Anyhoo, after I returned home to Oregon, I received by snail mail some notes the kids had written after I left. I want to share them with you to show how admired and respected you are as published authors; people who were able to fulfill a dream. But more so, because they’re just really cute! I’ve desperately tried to re-write them as they are written, but of course they lose a tad bit of their authenticity when typed out and spell check keeps wanting to correct where I don’t want to!

Now, just so you know, the “authors” of these letters may be reading this Blog, so feel free to address a comment to any or all of the kids.

The Day Seeing Carol! Written by Kaja

Today we had a guest coming So I was expecting a guest, but not a superstar. I’m just kiting but she is a Author and a Writer! A super writer! She was nice to very nice she even gave us autograph. Her autograph was pretty. She said Best wishes! I like that part of the day. It was cool because I liked her. Your sister is nice that you. Thank you Ms. Palacio. Thank you Ms. Carol.

Nervous & scared, unsigned

Oh, Mrs. Palacio I have so much to tell you so…Ahhhhh, I can’t believe I saw a real author, you must be so lucky. Well, anyways, I learned that reading can be fun. And if you don’t have confidence in yourself then you will not might to get what you didn’t believe. Thank you for letting us see your sister Carol. I felt so nervous and so excited at the same time. Oh my gosh, I just don’t much have to say, I mean I don’t have much to say. So anyways, thank you, thank you, thank you.

Dear Mrs. Palacio by Maria

Today I learned that making a book is acutly a little easy and being a author is really hard so I think I will love to be a author. Also I learned that Mrs. Carol wrote 6 books and she probally writting another book. Also I learned that Mrs. Carol is a really cool person and she is going to give her autograph to us. Also I learned that her favorite book was how to make a book. Sincerly, Maria

Today I have met an author, unsigned

Today I have met an author. Actually, it was my teacher’s sister. Her name is Ms. Carol. Wow, she is so inspiring! I wish, when I become an author, that i’m like her.

Add comments or notes to the kid’s below in the comment section.


No comments:

Post a Comment