Thursday, March 25, 2010

Review Velvet Haven by Shophie Renwick


Velvet Haven (book one of Annwyn Chronicles)
Author Shophie Renwick
Erotic Trade paranormal paperback- Shape-shifters
Website

Book Description
Hidden from mortals for all eternity, Annwyn, the Otherworld, is home to shapeshifters, wraiths and dragons. But in a nightclub called Velvet Haven, desire brings humans and immortals together…

Built atop the mystic passageway to Annwyn, the gothic nightclub Velvet Haven has seen its share of lost souls—both mortal and immortal. It is here that Bran, the shapeshifter king of the Sidhe, searches for his brother, who is ensnared by a centuries-old curse. When a vision foretells his own death, he knows his time to find Carden is running out.

For help he must turn to Mairi, a mortal woman with an unusual aura. Bran has never liked humans, other than using their sexual pleasure to restore his magic energy. But with Mairi everything is different. Her lush curves and teasing caresses enflame him like no Sidhe has ever done. He has no idea that the woman he’s falling for holds the key to his destruction – or his salvation.
~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~

Laurie's review
rating 3 1/2
Sexual- Medium for an erotic

This book is hard for me to rate, while I really liked some parts, other parts just did’t give me that knock my socks off impression I wanted for a dark erotic romance. This is a good start for a series, Sophie has created lots of hot characters to continue this series. You’ll find lots of good elements of the dark side with magic and excitement and lots of different religions mixed together. There is mention of God, falling angles, of course shape-shifters, Druids, Sidhe even Gabriel the angel makes an appearance.

**Spoilers below**

Mairi and Rowan are the best of friends and have no ideal about the whole otherworld of that’s in the fetish night club called Velvet Haven. Mairi is great she has had a hard life and she ends up with a ability that is very interesting and very powerful. Rowan is very interesting she adds quite a bit to the story with her ability and she has something else going for her, but you have to figure this one our yourself. Mairi, Rowan and the other Otherworld men made this story enjoyable for me to read. Bran I just didn’t care for. It seemed to me like there was to much other things were going on for Bran and Mairi to get a good connection for me to enjoy, this is also in sex its good but they just didn’t make the connection I would have like to have read.

What I didn’t like was there is no mention of Rowan at the end hope she is still alive, the murder is uncaught and no mention on if they are any closer to getting him/them. I didn’t care for Bran as a hero he just left Mairi high and dry to many times for me, here is two things that got me most was the first time he got her all hot then he pretty much had her to leave, then another time after sex he left her in the shower all by herself just high and dry. The more I keep thinking the more I want to take down stars, so I will quit before I get to picky. This maybe a better read for anyone else, I just found things not explained as well as I would have liked and some things explained to much where it took up to much time. Also there is just to much in this book to be able to iron it all out the first time, so you will be looking forward for the next

No comments:

Post a Comment