Sunday, February 13, 2011

Review of Only The Lonely by Susan Gabriel

Title: Only The Lonely
Author: Susan Gabriel
Source: blackvelvetseductions.com
Genre:
Erotic Paranormal Romantic Suspense - Vampires
Format: eBook - 176 pages

Release Date: 2010
Author's Website




Destiny is on the line for Summer Solstice, the sultry and acerbic hostess of the popular late night talk-radio show Only the Lonely when a call comes through from a centuries-old vampire with a dark and tragic past.

Before the night is over, Summer will be drawn into the secretive world of the vampire who has the face of an angel, the needs of a man, and a thirst for human blood.

Forbidden desire turns to love, but love turns to suspicion when Summer's fans begin to turn up floating in the murky waters of the Mississippi. Will these two beings from different worlds be each other's salvation or their undoing?


Photobucket

My Review
Rating -

Photobucket

Sexual -

Photobucket

This book made me experience feelings from both ends of the spectrum from needing a long cold shower to crying my eyes out at the heartache! I didn't want this book to end and when I finished it my heart actually ached wanting for the story to continue on!

This is a story not only about passionate and romance but also about learning compassion, sacrifice, acceptance not only of others but of ourselves too. It amazes me that such a short novel could pack so much emotional feelings and experiences.

I really don't want to give away too much in this review because this is one hidden gem that people need to discover and to savor it.

What I can tell you is that the characters in this story (Lucien and Summer) transported me into their world where it actually made me look within my soul as I read the words on the pages. I felt and questioned what was going through my heart the same time they were doing the same. They say you know a good book when it pulls you at your emotional heartstrings and this one did for me. It may be because I am a romantic at heart and tend to focus on the emotional components in characters but it is these types of stories that make you laugh, cry, rejoice and make you learn to love the precious gifts that life gives us.

For me it hit a cord and made me treasure the gifts that were presented in these pages.

Photobucket

No comments:

Post a Comment